Search This Blog

Sunday 17 August 2014

weekend breaks part three.... The Marylebone

I saved the best until last, my favourite place.... The Marylebone London, situated on Welbeck street just behind Debenhams on oxford street its very central.

The Marylebone is a place were you feel special from beginning to end. Its an urban hotel, very clean and contemporary the furnishing are exquisite. When you arrive you are always greeted by the most polite porters whether your  checking in or on your way back from a shopping trip, they open doors, carry your bags, wear a smile and always have something lovely to say. The reception staff are equally as polite offering bottled water and fruit for you to take on your shopping trip. 

In the lobby there's lots of seating with complimentary tea and coffee as well as a bar and restaurants. Since I stayed last they have updated downstairs and added a new restaurant so now there is two. I didn't take enough photos last time and promise to take more when I stay next, hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.



The bedrooms are beautiful, the last one I stayed in was the largest. We upgraded so it had a walk in wardrobe and spacious bathroom too. The complimentary toiletries have the most wonderful smell I am always eager to jump in the shower and use them they smell like the spa. The Marylebone has its own spa downstairs attached to the hotel. I have never had any treatments but I've used the sauna, steam room and pool, they also have a gym. There's a private elevator to get you to the pool so you can go in your robe and slippers which are waiting for you in your room when you arrive.


They have a turn down service so when you go up to bed there's chocolates and water waiting for you.



The bar and restaurant is very sleek and chic and open to the public too. The food is delicious and there is a wide variety at breakfast. Last time I had the burger in the evening and also tired tea and scones in the afternoon to finish off our shopping trip and rest our feet ready to go out again in the evening. The staff were very polite and helpful, the chef even came to greet us.

I cant wait for my next stay, why not take a look for yourself....The Marylebone
Prices start from £245.00 per room. The Marylebone is part of The Doyle collection of hotels.

Amy xx

Please take a look at my pinterest account.
http://www.pinterest.com/AmyKristine1988/

No comments:

Post a Comment